Rickk

• Customer
Help with LightHat Theme
August 08, 2014, 04:43:02 AM
I think that the Light Hat theme is brilliant and would like to modify it to make it more user friendly for my users - hopefully it is possible.
I have figured out the background pics and am working on them to make them more transparent so the ones I select (and they will change often) are not too over bearing and making it hard to see the forums.
I changed the opacity of the content to make it easier to see.
Now the questions:
1) Is there or is it possible to have different content areas, like one for each layer of the forums?  I'd like to be able to change the opacity of each layer as you go down through the layers into a thread, for instance, so that at the posting level the content area of just that area is almost opaque?  Otherwise I think the background will play tricks on your eyes.  We post a lot of pictures (rebuilding boats) in our threads and I think it will get confusing to the eye.
2) If there are different content areas, can we have a different picture for the background for each area or is there only one background?
3) How do you add a logo to the site?
Thanks for your efforts on this great theme.
Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:27:18 PM by Rickk
Thank you/Gracias
Rick

Diego Andrés

• Webmaster
Re: Help with LightHat Theme
August 08, 2014, 10:33:46 AM
1- What content areas are you refering to?
3- In Admin > Config > Current theme you should see some options

Rickk

• Customer
August 08, 2014, 06:09:58 PM
1- What content areas are you refering to?
3- In Admin > Config > Current theme you should see some options
Hi Diego,
I am not a programmer (obviously) so I'm not sure this is even possible.
The areas or layers I'm talking about are: (see my smf link above)
Classic AquaSport - which is the top layer - main forum
      General Aquasport Forums - a category on main
             Aquasport Discussion - a child forum of the one above
                   A Topic someone posts
What I would love to do is have a different opacity for the top layer, Child forum and then Topic.
Is this possible?
Thank you/Gracias
Rick

Diego Andrés

• Webmaster
August 10, 2014, 05:14:42 PM
Mmm did you try to set a higher opacity in the windowbg and windowbg2 classes?
In the index.css search for them and you'll see something like background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
You must change the fourth digit "0.3" or whatever you see, and put something higher like 0.5

Rickk

• Customer
August 11, 2014, 04:45:51 AM
I did change that in one place already.  I'll take a peek - thanks.
Thank you/Gracias
Rick

Rickk

• Customer
August 11, 2014, 06:47:32 PM
Thanks for the help.
I am trying to make the header taller so my logo will fit.  Is there a line of code that I can add to define the height?  Here is what I found I in the index.css
#header {
    background: url('../images/theme/Trans_Classic_Aquasport.gif') no-repeat scroll 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(215, 137, 44, 0.5);
    font-size: 15px;
    padding: 18px;
}

As for the different content areas, I did adjust the bg defs by 7 (+.07. +.14, + .21) each and it does look like areas are getting darker (more opaque).  I'll tweek it some more and see where they are and how they are changed.  Not sure where these area are.
Thank you/Gracias
Rick

Diego Andrés

• Webmaster
August 14, 2014, 07:07:48 PM
after padding: 18px; you can add height: 130px or wathever.
Respecting the areas thing, I guess you'll have to wait the author, he knows better about his theme :P

Rickk

• Customer
August 15, 2014, 06:19:56 AM
after padding: 18px; you can add height: 130px or wathever.
Respecting the areas thing, I guess you'll have to wait the author, he knows better about his theme :P
That worked Diego - thx.  I had put the same code inline but it didn't have the same effect.
Now I need to turn off the text in the header so I can only see the logo.  If I turn off the "Show header and Logo", I lose both. ??
Thank you/Gracias
Rick

Diego Andrés

• Webmaster
August 18, 2014, 08:01:00 PM
That worked Diego - thx.  I had put the same code inline but it didn't have the same effect.
Now I need to turn off the text in the header so I can only see the logo.  If I turn off the "Show header and Logo", I lose both. ??

Sorry for the late reply.
What is happening when you turn off that option?

Rickk

• Customer
August 19, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
I lose both Text and Logo.
I've been digging, looking at other SMF sites and learning and trying to make a block for the Logo that will have the href in it too. Seems everyone does it differently.
I found some examples like this:
Code: [Select]
<h1 id="logo">
    <a href="http://www.xyz.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=7kgidcsf28rp92k4r3dii06iv0&"></a>
</h1>
and
#logo a {
    display: block;
    margin: 0px auto;
    width: 400px;
    height: 175px;
    background: url('../images/custom/logo.png') no-repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
    text-indent: -9999px;
}

I presume the H1 was declared first, I think in the index.template.php file and the rest is in a css file. Do I need to do the same thing in this theme to get what I desire?
Thank you/Gracias
Rick

Diego Andrés

• Webmaster
August 25, 2014, 10:16:19 PM
I lose both Text and Logo.
I've been digging, looking at other SMF sites and learning and trying to make a block for the Logo that will have the href in it too. Seems everyone does it differently.
I found some examples like this:
<h1 id="logo">
    <a href="http://www.xyz.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=7kgidcsf28rp92k4r3dii06iv0&"></a>
</h1>
and
#logo a {
    display: block;
    margin: 0px auto;
    width: 400px;
    height: 175px;
    background: url('../images/custom/logo.png') no-repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;
    text-indent: -9999px;
}

I presume the H1 was declared first, I think in the index.template.php file and the rest is in a css file. Do I need to do the same thing in this theme to get what I desire?

Sorry by this days I have very limited time.
Could you please try to explain it with a picture? So I'll know what exactly to do when I can  :P

Rickk

• Customer
August 30, 2014, 07:09:14 AM
Hi Diego,
This is a capture of the header area before I sign in - the resolution of the page is 1600x 1024ish

I've logged in and turned off the header/logo - the header are is gone (with logo) and you can tell by the text, for some reason the resolution of the site has now changed to 1900x? - why I don't know.  My monitor rez is 1600x900.

What I'd like to figure out is how to make the logo in the first pic be the header so I can do away with the text that is there and the url link be part of the logo area.

Also figure out why the resolution changes???
Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:12:52 AM by Rickk
Thank you/Gracias
Rick

Diego Andrés

• Webmaster
August 31, 2014, 10:26:33 AM
Did you try to leave empty the logo text input?

About the resolution changes, the author would know best, but as you can see he hasn't been very active

Pipee

• Lead Developer
August 31, 2014, 02:22:35 PM

Hello there!

Sorry for not responding, I'm kind of busy with studies and other developments of themes.

You tried to remove the code logo?

Index.template
<div id="header">
<h3 class="forumtitle">
<a href="',$scripturl,'" title="',$settings['site_slogan'],'"><i class="fa fa-users"></i> ', empty($settings['header_logo']) ? $context['forum_name'] : $settings['header_logo'], '</a>
</h3>

Rickk

• Customer
September 01, 2014, 04:17:20 PM
Did you try to leave empty the logo text input?

About the resolution changes, the author would know best, but as you can see he hasn't been very active
When the Logo text is empty it displays "Classic Aquasport", if I type something in the logo text it shows that.
Thank you/Gracias
Rick