Your subscription for the product is about to expire

Started by js, July 16, 2018, 01:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

js

Hi,

Why do the purchased themes have a fixed end date for support? This is unreasonable. It should be lifetime after all I paid for the product. I remember that in the "Shop" tab next to every theme was "Lifetime"

QuoteYour Teatro suscription is about to expire

Dear js,

Your subscription for the product Teatro is about to expire.
After that, you will not longer have access to the support board and you will not be able to download future versions of the product.

Anyway, at the end of your subscription, you will have the option to renew it just for the 20% of the original price.

Thanks, have a nice day.
The SMF Tricks Store.
Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:57:35 AM by Diego Andrés

Diego Andrés

Because you already got the theme for life and we are unsure about you still using it one year or two years after. That's exactly why the "renew" price is meaningless in comparison to the actual price of the theme.
That's if you are interested in having support, it is NOT unreasonable, you are having access to the theme whenever you want even if it's upgraded to a future version of SMF, you still get it if it's requested to be upgraded by the customers of that theme. It's a way of also extending the life of a theme.
E.g if a theme only got 3 customers and no one renewed after a couple months there's no point for us to keep supporting it since no one was interested.

Quote from: js on July 16, 2018, 01:00:50 PM
I remember that in the "Shop" tab next to every theme was "Lifetime"

I don't recall having something like that really. And if there was even a thought about that it'd have been thrown away because it'd be on the Theme Club page, not in the actual shop. But since Theme Club is also a subscription there's no such thing as "life time" support.
And we already offer a Theme Club discount for recurring members on it :P

Regards