Just taking a look and trying to decide what to buy

Started by Sunshine Meadows, October 11, 2018, 12:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine Meadows

Do the themes you sell work with mods that other people made for SMF eg a photo gallery app?

Diego Andrés

Sure.
As you know mods are tricky as some of them don't fully use hooks and can trigger an installation error due to a line that it's not as the default theme has it. Usually doesn't happen as mod authors are now more careful and don't do too many changes in the common template files. However, you can get some every now and then and of course we are glad to help you deal with them.

Also remember that is very recommended to install themes first, so you can mark them during mods installations.

Regards

Sunshine Meadows

Thank you :-)
Yes installing the theme before I add a mod makes sense.

I have looked at the demo for Comet and Marina there are working social media icons on the top right do they come as a part of the theme or as a mod?

Would it be okay to post a link to my website and talk about the changes I would like to see, and you guys suggest what I should buy, or would that be better done via email?

Diego Andrés

They come with the theme already.
We can't really make you decide what to buy as at the end you decide what will fit your site best.
But we have no problem with seeing your site and helping out.

Regards

Sunshine Meadows

Thank you for your prompt reply :-) 
I think using a theme from here could give me a head start in getting the new look/interface my site needs.
:-)

Sunshine Meadows

I joined the theme club and it is taking time to remember how to do all-sorts of bits and pieces I did when I first set up my site in 2012. I like that I can switch more between more than one new themes as I edit the site and try to decide which new look I like best. Everything I tried so far is working but does it make any difference if the ST_Customs mod is installed before or after I install the new themes?
eg this https://smftricks.com/index.php?topic=1055.0
:)

Diego Andrés

No it won't make any difference, the mod uses hooks so it won't edit any file.
Also if you got any specific questions for a theme ask in the support boards for each theme :)