Support for SMF Tricks Themes & Mods

420connect
Sniffer
Redsy Tweaks
December 13, 2015, 09:09:16 AM
Hey,

I'm using the theme 'Redsy' on my site and have somehow managed to modify it more to liking with my very limited knowledge,  ;D ..although there are a few things I'd still like to change/solve..

Below is a list of things I can think of at the moment, but I know there are more lurking..

I've changed the main menu over to be a fixed menu, that scrolls down the page with you; but I've recently had reports of iOS and some android devices not being able to 'scroll inside' my menu.. (although I am able to..)
- Would you be able to take a peek at this?

I'd also ideally like to change how the 3rd level of menus are displayed in my main menu.
They are currently set up to display as a bulleted list, below their parent-button but I would like for them to be initially hidden and require a 'tap' or 'hover' to display them.
I would like:
[Main Button >]
[Child Button >]
[3rd Level Button]

How it is currently:
[Main Button >]
[Child Button ]
  • 3rd Level Button

I'd also like the menu to be displayed better for tablet sized devices..
- The theme already does a great job of resizing things depending on the screen size, but I would like to have the 'mobile-style' menu appear for any screen size, that my original menu is forced onto 2 lines..

There are also odd occasions where I find my menu button appears to be missing, but something is in fact stretching the page.. - I'd like to add something that would prevent that from happening too.. (possibly tables needing tweaked!?)

I'd like my footer to be centered better in all views.
- Some parts won't align as I'd like..

I'd quite like to keep the full 'topic-tree' (I think it's called that?) visible on mobile-mode..

I'm also using the 'Thanks Mod' http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3898 - (although I have edited the wording, so it's a 'Like' mod.)
Would it be difficult to have the button placed next to the 'actions' drop down, instead of inside it?
also a small niggle.. - currently when I hover over the 'Like' button, the 'thumb' icon disappears. - could I keep it on visible? (and would also like to add my own icons for quote,modify,remove,split topic too if possible)

Many thanks for a really nice theme, and I thank you in advance for any help you can offer re: the above.

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:08:01 AM by 420connect »