Support for SMF Tricks Themes & Mods

Sniffer
Reseller top bootstrap menu
January 19, 2015, 08:43:17 PM
Hello! Thanks for reseller, it's a great theme that I modified a bit for our forum (www.forumastronautico.it)

I have a question though. Since you use bootstrap, the "default" action of the top menu is not clickable.
For example: the Admin option has 4 sub menus (Functions and options, Manage packets, Error log, Permissions), but in other themes, (and as defined in Subs.php) when you click only "Admin" you are sent to ?action=admin, the "home" of the administration area.

With bootstrap, clicking on Admin opens the dropdown menu, and I could not find a way to make clicking on it sending you to ?action=admin.
Is there a way to enable this behavior?

Diego Andrés
Webmaster
Re: Reseller top bootstrap menu
January 21, 2015, 06:35:12 AM
I don't know if it's possible.
But one thing we can do is to add the main button as a submenu in the first place in every button that has child buttons.

Don't know if that has sense to you. If not, see our demo site, the Simple Metro or LikeIPB theme
signaleleven
Sniffer
January 21, 2015, 06:50:23 AM
Thanks for your answer, it totally makes sense!
I tried to do it by adding it to SubsMenu.php, directly in the SMF options, but it was not working (and it would influence other users using other themes)
Can you give me a pointer to do it only for Reseller?

My modified version is here https://github.com/ItalianSpaceAstronauticsAssociation/reseller
Diego Andrés
Webmaster
January 23, 2015, 03:43:04 PM
Sorry I've been busy, I'll help you later today ASAP
Diego Andrés
Webmaster
January 24, 2015, 05:18:51 PM
signaleleven
Sniffer
January 26, 2015, 12:06:16 AM
Here you have the PR, just merge it https://github.com/ItalianSpaceAstronauticsAssociation/reseller/pull/1

WOW! Exactly what I needed. I merged it already on my test site and it works flawlessly.

YOU ROCK!
What's the best way to thank? Buying credits here on the site?
Diego Andrés
Webmaster
January 26, 2015, 12:17:59 AM
That would be nice, but you don't really need to do that.

Regards.
Please tell us if you need more help.